According to a Netcraft survey there are around half a billion active websites in the whole World Wide Web. To be exact, that’s 644 million websites actively functioning as of March 2012.
That’s still too small if we consider the global reach of the internet. But, the numbers are growing by about 5.1% every month and soon it’s going to be pretty crowded in the virtual world. Does your business have a website among the multitude that’s out there now? If you don't have a website, then your business might as well not exist. In the words of self-made billionaire Bill Gates “If your business is not on the internet, then your business will be out of business.”
Small Business Website
Having a website is the most sensible decision you can make for your small business:
- 97% of consumers search for a business online
- 80% choose to go online as their first choice of call
- A website allows you to benefit from SEO advantages to get found in search engines and reach new clients 24/7
- You have a stable ecommerce address where clients can drop by on a regular basis and new visitors can shop around
- Customers expect a legit business to have an online presence, it gives the business a more trustworthy image
- With online shoppers expected to grow from 137 million in 2010 to 175 million in 2016 (eMarketer survey), a website allows you to benefit from the growth in online shopping to increase your revenue
If you do have a business website, you also need to check if it’s still good enough compared to what’s out there now. With the arrival of newer technologies, you may need to bring an old website up to date. Maybe it just needs a little tweaking or maybe you need a major facelift or an entirely new site?
Go over this checklist to see if you need a redesign:
- Is it optimized for local search?
- Is it optimized for all devices that are viewing it?
- Is it built to withstand any changes in any search engine algorithm?
- Are there any scripting and coding errors?
- Does it have outdated info?
- Does it have a call to action?
- Does it load too slowly?
With competitors fighting for the attention of potential clients every day, your website needs to stand out in the World Wide Web so it can do a very efficient job of getting your business found by potential customers, converting visitors to actual buyers, and communicating to your customer base. If your website is not doing what it was built to do, then you need to take action and fix things right away.
CONTACT US now for a consultation and we can build you the right website for your business and/or help improve your website performance.